Saturday, May 12, 2018

The Snowman



I saw The Snowman yesterday. It took me more than 24 hours to digest my disappointment at the movie and also at myself. Let me explain. In the trailer you see great actors and a beautiful photography in a cold Nordic environment (Norway). Perfect, I thought: a serial killer story. Everything checked to be awesome except for the terrible reviews but I thought, “What do they know?” Then again, at the end I realized that the movie actually sucks. Big time. The director apparently apologized and explained something about an unfinished script even after they started filming. Not the first time I hear something like this but it is the first time that I noticed how terrible the results can be. Maybe Tomas Alfredson was not skilled enough to deal with the situation, I don’t know. But at the end you have wonderful actors delivering wonderful acting… that seems from another movie, pieces here and there that barely make sense, and me losing all interest way far away from the plot resolution. What a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment